MLG Columbus Coverage
I will be attending MLG Columbus as Press and covering the Call of Duty Ghosts Championship. I have the Pre Release of all the information about the event that I will be sharing below. Along with this I would also like feedback on what the community would like to see in my coverage of the event? Do you want a lot of live updates, amateur interviews, pro interviews, what teams, and other things you might want to see. I have been debating putting up a poll of what the community wants so I can really get the things you guys want to see you there to you, as I am doing this for the community! PLEASE let me know what you want to see in my coverage, you can tweet me at @XBLBarccc and if not I will be putting up polls later this week. If you tweet about my coverage please us #barcsblogofgaming and #MLG
Poll Opened, Please vote on what type of coverage of MLG Columbus you would like.
The Pre Relase of information event is below and these things include: Games, Prizes, Casters, Streams, and ect.
Major League Gaming Championship Brings World’s Best Video Game Players to Columbus, Ohio, to Compete for More Than $150,000
Hosted at the Greater Columbus Convention Center November 22-24, the Championship Features the First Ever Call of Duty®: Ghosts Tournament and anInternational Dota 2 Tournament
Championship Broadcast Exclusively at www.MLG.tv
NEW YORK – November 13, 2013 – Major League Gaming (MLG), the global leader in eSports, is returning to Columbus, Ohio, from November 22-24 for the MLG Championship at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. The best teams from around the globe will compete in a three-day video game tournament for more than $150,000 in prizes playing the all-new Call of Duty®: Ghosts (Xbox 360®) and the wildly popular PC game, Dota 2. Thousands of spectators are expected to attend and spectator passes are available online in the MLG Store or at the door. Fans around the globe can watch the competition exclusively via five streams online at www.MLG.tv. The broadcast kicks off Friday, November 22 at 5pm ET.
Call of Duty®: Ghosts (Xbox 360) – $50,000 prize pool, 1st place $20,000
Debuting the newly added Broadcaster Mode, and introducing an all-new option that allows players to customize private matches to eSports rules, the highly acclaimed franchise makes its first competitive appearance at the Championship where 108 teams will compete in the debut Call of Duty®: Ghosts competition. The Championship bracket includes the top eight teams from the North American (NA) 360 Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Pro Points rankings: compLexity – winners of the MLG Fall Invitational and MLG Spring Championship, UNiTE Gaming, Curse Las Vegas, OpTic Gaming, Team EnVyUs, Team KaLiBeR, Kelevra Fuse, FaZe Competitive, along with the top four teams from the NA & EU 360 Call of Duty®: Ghosts Pro Points rankings to be released on Monday, November 18. These teams will later be joined by 12 teams from the open bracket (four winners bracket & eight losers bracket) for a shot at the $50,000 prize pool.
Dota 2 (PC) – More than $108,000 – Fans can directly impact the prize pool until Sunday, November 24 by purchasing the Dota 2 MLG Championship Bundle
MLG’s first international Dota 2 competition will feature the world’s best teams from Europe, China and North America. The Alliance, Na’vi, Fnatic, Evil Geniuses, Team Liquid, Speed Gaming, DK, Sigma.int, and Pretty Boy Swagwill compete in one of the most robust International competitions to date. Fans are contributing directly to the prize pool by purchasing the Dota 2 MLG Championship Bundle and have more than doubled what is at stake. In addition to the prize pool, all NA teams will secure spots in MLG’s 2014 NA Dota 2 League with $210,000 on the line in the first half of 2014. Beginning in early 2014, NA teams will enter league play via MLG: Play that will culminate with a tournament at the MLG Championship in Anaheim, CA, from June 20-22, 2014.
Online Viewing in HD at www.MLG.tv:
The competition will be broadcast online exclusively at MLG.tv beginning Friday, November 22 at 5pm ET. Fans can watch five streams (two streams for Call of Duty: Ghosts and three streams for Dota 2) all weekend and the broadcast schedule is available at http://www.MLG.tv/schedule. In addition to watching on MLG.tv, Dota 2 fans can watch three streams for free in-game with full spectator-mode access and live commentary, plus have access to Russian and Chinese Language options.
Some of the industry’s most talented eSports personalities will be commentating and reporting on the competition including:
Commentary by Chris “Puckett,” Ryan “Fwiz” Wyatt, John “Revan” Boble, Benjamin “Benson” Bowe, and Alex “Goldenboy” Mendez. Floor reporting by Alex “Jax” Conroy.
Stream 1: Commentating by David “LD” Gorman, David “Godz” Parker, Ben “Merlini” Wu and David “Luminous” Zhang. Floor reporting and emcee – Josh “Clutch” Gray.
Stream 2: Hosted by Capitalist and Bdiz.
Stream 3: Hosted by Clairvoyance.
* Russian and Chinese language options will be available in-game with Vitalii ”v1lat” Volochai on site casting in Russian.
On Site Spectating:
Thousands of spectators will watch via huge video screens, experience live commentating and visit an array of booths featuring meet and greets with pro players, the latest products from partners, pre-release access to games and more. General admission passes are available in the MLG Store and at the door. On-site spectators can engage in more hands-on opportunities and activities on site. Booths and partner areas and activities include:
- BenQ, official gaming monitor sponsor of MLG: See how BenQ’s professional gaming monitors, designed by legendary gamers, will take your game to the next level. Why play when you can conQuer! New Gaming monitors available at $197 – RL2450HT; $199 – RL2455HM, $397– XL2420TE. Purchase 4 or more RL monitors for $169 each. Get special BenQ promo codes from the MLG website for greater discounts on new and refurbished monitors.
- Dr Pepper, official soft drink of MLG: Stop by for free play, photo opps in the Dr Pepper Photo Booth, to try an ice cold Dr Pepper, Dr Pepper Cherry, Diet Dr Pepper or Dr Pepper Ten and tweet @DRPEPPERGAMING.
- Full Sail University: Take a moment to relax, re-charge your phones and play student made games at the Full Sail University booth! Full Sail University is one of the premier gaming, design, music, and film schools in the world. If you’re looking to launch or further your career in the media and entertainment industry, visitfullsail.edu/mlg for more information.
- GUNNAR Optiks, officially licensed eyewear of MLG – Advanced Gaming Eyewear: Nab those extra frags by visiting the MLG Pro Shop where you can demo, ask questions, and purchase MLG Phantoms and MLG Branded Carrying Cases.
- iBUYPOWER, official gaming PC of MLG: See iBUYPOWER’s Revolt gaming PC in action at MLG. Stop by iBUYPOWER’s booth to learn about the hardware engineering and design that goes into making a competitive-grade gaming system, play on the latest esports hardware, and create your own customized cheer banner! iBUYPOWER will also be giving away free swag and autographed equipment to attendees.
- MLG Pro Shop: Get all of your official MLG merchandise including Nike apparel, limited edition championship gear, Scuf controllers and more. Plus, visit the Secret Shop for a huge array of awesome Dota 2 items! A list of all products is available online.
- PowerA, the official gaming backpack of MLG: Designed by gamers for gamers, there’s a spot for everything: keyboard, mouse, headphones, console, controller, laptop, and more. Stop by the MLG Pro Shop and check it out!
- PlanetSide®2: The massively multiplayer online first person shooter will be showcased all weekend long with free-to-play gaming stations. Stop by the PlanetSide 2 booth, declare your allegiance, and battle with other spectators, as well as meet up with key members of the development team. For more information:www.PlanetSide2.com.
- SCUF Gaming: Stop by the MLG Pro Shop to check out and purchase the latest SCUF controllers. The preferred controller of pro players, SCUF Controllers improve gameplay performance by increasing the use of your hands by up to 100%. Starting from $125.95.
- SteelSeries, official Licensed Mouse and Mousepad of MLG: Be sure to stop by the MLG Pro Shop to check out and buy the SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition gaming mouse and Qck+ mousepad. Evolved from hours of pro gameplay and feedback, the SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition has the performance specs you need to compete at the highest level.
- Turbine: The DC Universe MOBA developed by Turbine, a division of WB Games will be showcasing Infinite Crisis during the Championship broadcast airing on MLG.tv.
- Turtle Beach, official audio provider for MLG: Take the competitive edge home with the MLG licensed Ear Force XP SEVEN, Z SEVEN, and PX22 gaming headsets, offering unsurpassed versatility with outstanding audio quality and comfort. Championship attendees can pick up the Ear Force Z SEVEN and Ear Force PX22 headsets on the show floor.